Thursday, August 10, 2023

"Petty" crime 3

(cont'd from yesterday's post)

Some might say "why not?" to shoplifting, if they think only super rich companies own businesses. But local business owners aren't rich, and it hurts them. They bought the goods, bought the store, and employ their neighbors - and it's not fair to steal from them.

A shoe shop opened in a Minnesota suburb in 2021, but the owner gave up in 2022.

Here's the sad story: 

"In just six months, five robberies alone have cost me $30,000 worth of merchandise and caused me to close my store. Repeatedly, burglars smashed the glass doors of my storefront and ripped sneakers right off my shelves. Not only did the last incident cost my store $13,000 in stolen goods, but I am now left with devastating costs to fix all the damage to my store."

He and his family are now awash in debt. 

from Startribune

No comments:

Post a Comment