Tuesday, June 21, 2022

She eats there

Chick-Fil-A has good food. But if you eat there, it means you hate gay people. That was the assumption among some gay communities after 2012. Chairman Dan Cathy was discovered to - gasp - not support gay marriage, and thus was a homophobic bigot who hates gay people. Furthermore, anyone who goes there is a hater too.

"But I'm gay, and I still eat at Chick-Fil-A." So says Reid Newton, who appreciates both the chicken sandwiches and the gracious customer service. She reserves for herself the right to eat as many of their sandwiches as she pleases. And she thinks for herself.

"While I might not agree with the Cathy family’s outlook on marriage, I will defend their right to hold those beliefs, and I will insist on compassion and conversation as the best way to resolve our differences."

That's an attitude that I can admire. Disagreement is not hatred. She likes what Dan Cathy said in response to the uproar, "The Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity, and respect, and to serve great food with genuine hospitality.”

from FAIR

No comments:

Post a Comment