Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Near death 1

As a Christian, stories of near-death-experiences (NDE's) don't seem impossible to me because I'm convinced that a supernatural, spiritual reality exists. But I'm not much interested, either,  thinking those stories are more likely just a product of imagination. No doubt, that's how a materialist or agnostic would see it. 

Maybe my opinion has to change. According to this agnostic psychiatrist, there is good rational evidence that should be considered. 

Before investigating the stories, he assumed that there would be simple, physiological explanations. But it didn't work out that way: 

"What I found over the decades was that the various simple explanations we could think of like lack of oxygen, drugs given to the people and so forth, don’t pan out- the data do not support them."

from Mindmatters

(cont'd tomorrow)

No comments:

Post a Comment