Friday, December 8, 2017

Tesla driver 2

(cont'd from yesterday's post)

Yesterday's post was the BMW owner's story, today is the Ferrari owner's story:


"Finally Something to Hate About the Model S!


"I have had my P85 [Tesla Model S] for 6 months, and I have finally found something bad to say about it: owning the Model S has made me dislike my Ferrari and every other car I once loved. I paid nearly $250,000 for the Ferrari and now I don't really want to drive it. 
"After being in the Tesla, the Ferrari is loud, cramped, primitive, and stressful to drive. In fact, all my ICE vehicles now feel so archaic compared to the Model S. Starting up a car's engine now seems like an asinine waste of time (and oxygen!). Waiting for a drivetrain to "warm up" is now bewildering. Having to work the engine and transmission through revs and gears (even with a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission) was once a pleasure -- now it is just frustrating. The existence of gas stations now seems completely moronic (refuel overnight in the comfort of your own garage!). The Ferrari once felt blisteringly, scary fast (0-60 in 3.5s), but believe it or not, the P85 feels a LOT quicker than the Ferrari in the real world. (I don't think any ICE vehicle could ever compare with the instantaneous rush that the P85 provides) . . . 
"The Model S has rendered obsolete the very best cars in the world. My Ferrari is now gathering dust. Thanks a lot, Model S :)"
So interesting to me that both this driver and yesterday's driver love their Teslas for the driving experience! Most of us always thought the motive to buy an electric vehicle was just to save fossil fuels. Guess not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment