Thursday, December 7, 2017

Tesla driver 1

Reading articles for the "auto era ends" posts three weeks ago, I ran across a Ferrari owner and an M3 owner who loved their cars - but now drive a Tesla Model 3. They didn't make the switch to save the climate. They both now drive their Model 3 just for the pleasure of it.

Here's the BMW owner's story:

"My primary car starting in 2001 was a then-new BMW M3 E46. It was nimble, it was quick, it was exciting, and it was stylish and well admired. I enjoyed it for years, and it was the right car for me then. It was so successful and redefining its part of the industry that many other automakers spent years creating their own answer to that edition of M3."

He drove it for over ten years before moving on to the Tesla. 

"The M3 is an excellent car. I enjoyed it for over a decade, and, short of a V12, it's definitely the best-sounding gas engine I know with its inherently balanced inline-6 engine . . But as good as it is, the M3 has been clearly surpassed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment