Thursday, October 24, 2013

"Green" clarification

Maybe I should clarify what side I take in "green" environmental issues. I'd call my position cautious.

From recent articles in Spiegel International, it looks like we could learn from Germany's experience: their aggressive "green" policies are costing taxpayers a lot (as in the United Kingdom, yesterday's post) while showing little in the way of results.

So far I'm not convinced that global warming is or isn't an urgent danger.  If the German Green Party politician Herman Ott is at all representative of the movement,  I'm skeptical.

We seem to have nothing to show for the hundreds of millions we've thrown at green companies in the U.S. . . while our debt is horrible.

I'm taking these issues one at a time, still thinking things through.

No comments:

Post a Comment