Tuesday, September 6, 2016

God & work #2

(cont'd)

There are two ways Laremy (Christian, barrista, and philosopher) serves God in his work - relating to the natural world and relating to people. He treats both the world's fruits (yesterday's post) and people with love and respect

"I love to glorify God in my products, but I also love to glorify God in having a space where community can be created and where I can welcome the stranger, and welcome whoever walks in my doors and treat them with love and respect."

"My prayer is that every evening when I go to sleep, I can look at the ways that I have filled my role as . . interpreter of God’s general revelation and echo His words by saying, “It was good.”



A quote from Chuck Colson: "[Ancient] Greeks and Romans looked upon manual work as a curse, something for lower classes and slaves. But . .Christians viewed work as a high calling—to be co-workers with God in unfolding the rich potential of His creation."

No comments:

Post a Comment