Friday, October 24, 2014

A solution

Veronika Scott did what entrepreneurs do - find a need, imagine a solution, fail a lot, then figure out a way to just get it done with benefits for all involved.

Here's her story.  As a college student, she was giving coats away to homeless people, a good work.  But one of them loudly protested on the grounds that it was only temporary help and not what they needed most. It was a "band-aid for a systemic issue."

By sticking with it and not walking away (which would have been far easier), she wound up starting a coat-manufacturing business that hires and trains motivated homeless women who want jobs.

photo: forbes.com
Now she has a Wikipedia page.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Char, great blog! I just read through the last six weeks or so of your posts - and followed a few of the links, too. Thought-provoking content and good for conversation starters, also. Julia ... We met at the Econ. Conf. At Rivendell in late September. Do you have my email address? I can't seem to find yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I had a great time at the econ. conf. and meeting you and Julia (your wife, right?) and will come back to Rivendell again in the future. I'm honored you would check out my blog! Thanks for letting me know that you did and that you like it. Please keep in touch, both you and Julia, from time to time. The email I
    use for the blog is char1902@gmail.com, sorry you couldn't find it. Remind me of your first name . . .

    ReplyDelete