Thursday, July 7, 2022

Surgeon story

"I find it really interesting that the people that are the most passionate about America are immigrants. It's like the people who live here are so ungrateful . . ." 

Why are Americans ungrateful? Dr. Sheila Nazarian thinks it's because they don't know the alternative. 

She does know, by her own and her family's experience.

After coming to America as a child, and with difficulty, she now describes herself as a mom of three, an entrepreneur, a plastic surgeon, a philanthropist - and most recently an activist. 

As she puts it, "I will not be able to sleep at night if I don't say anything." Though afraid of cancel culture, she thought "who am I if I can't speak to my core values? . . I'm not going to let what happened in Iran happen in the United States."

No comments:

Post a Comment