Friday, February 18, 2022

Cactus hugging 2

(cont'd from yesterday's post)

Several years ago, actor and filmmaker Mel Gibson made anti-semitic remarks and was arrested for drunk driving. His good image was tarnished, some saying that it would never be recovered.

He apologized: "Please know from my heart that I am not an anti-Semite. I am not a bigot. Hatred of any kind goes against my faith. There will be many in that (Jewish) community who will want nothing to do with me, and that would be understandable. But I pray that that door is not forever closed." 

That's the backstory to Robert Downey's little speech in yesterday's post. It's hard to ask for forgiveness, and sometimes it's hard to grant forgiveness.

Downey asked the audience to forgive, because Gibson had been "hugging the cactus" long enough. If you didn't watch yesterday's video yet, I recommend that you do. It's that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment