Monday, October 18, 2021

Bond

(cont'd from last Friday's post)

Everyone knows what the James Bond movie franchise thrives on: glamor, guns, suspense, plots, danger, heroism - and they are all there (except, thankfully, for the usual provocative sex) in the new release, "No Time to Die." Last Friday I saw it, and saw something more.

All those regular Bond elements brought people to the theater. But the different element I noticed was one of those beautiful, divine truths mentioned in "Co-Creators 3" and I think I noticed it because I had just published that post. 

The additional element is self-sacrificial love. Everyone who sees the film will feel it. Yes, sacrifice for love's sake is divine, a trait of God himself. It is beautiful and timeless, a virtue that every human heart can recognize but may or may not choose to do when the time comes.

Meaningful art reaches into our human core.

No comments:

Post a Comment