Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Ryan on CRT

 (cont'd from yesterday's post)

In addition to his convictions and values, Ryan has a strong sense of who he is.

"I’m half white and half black. My melanin doesn’t change my worth or my propensity to sin. Yet we live in a culture where we are told that our skin color confers upon us a status that is fixed, assigned by an elite class of humans . . who want us to see everything through the broken lens of “race”—a human construct that has only served to dehumanize us throughout history. As a person with brown skin, I reject my assigned “status” . . ."

He refuses the labels of "oppressed" and "oppressor" used by Critical Race Theory. He refuses the binary identity of guilt or privilege used by CRT: "I wholeheartedly disagree with it because of its dependence on deception and division."

As a Christian, Ryan knows that the sin of racism denies the value and dignity inherent in every human being of every race. We were created in the image of God.

from Christian Post

No comments:

Post a Comment