Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Remembrance 2

(cont'd from yesterday's post)

"Holocaust" is the term designated to refer to the attempt by Nazi Germany during World War II to entirely exterminate the Jewish people, resulting in the state-sponsored murder of an astonishing six million Jews.


General Eisenhower, overall leader of the Allied forces, entered a concentration camp himself after it was liberated:

The same day I saw my first horror camp, I visited every nook and cranny. I felt it my duty to be in a position from then on to testify about these things in case there ever grew up at home the belief or assumption that the stories of Nazi brutality were just propaganda.

Truth about history is vitally important, too important to forget and too important to fail to pass on to following generations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment