Thursday, November 3, 2016

Manners

In the 1999 comedy, "Blast From the Past," a young man comes out of the bomb shelter where he had lived all his life, mostly clueless. But in the clip below, his friends are amazed by his understanding of good manners:



"[Adam says that] good manners are just a way of showing other people that we have respect for them. See, I didn't know that. I thought it was just a way of acting all superior."

"You know what else he [Adam] told me? He thinks I'm a gentleman . . I thought a gentleman was someone who owns horses. But it turns out, the short and simple definition of a lady or a gentleman is someone who always tries to make sure that the people around him or her are as comfortable as possible."

"Where do you think he got all that information?"

"Oh, from the oddest place - his parents. I mean, I don't think I got that memo from mine."

Pretty soon the holiday parties and gatherings will start. But this year you're going into the party season having the memo -- which you'll get in tomorrow's post :)

(cont'd tomorrow)

No comments:

Post a Comment