Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Gratitude

Sometimes you will hear about someone who narrowly missed dying, or whose loved one narrowly survived, and they will urge us to be grateful for every day of life because "tomorrow is not guaranteed." It's a bit of a cliche, but probably only if you haven't been there.


Prof. Robert "Robby" P. George of Princeton was suddenly hospitalized two months ago with a life threatening condition. On his fb page he credits his doctors and the prayers of thousands for his recovery, overwhelmed with gratitude to God and to them:

"Beloved Friends: Please accept these brief but heartfelt words of thanks from the most fortunate, most richly blessed man in the world. . .  There is no way I can claim to be worthy of such an extraordinary outpouring of love; but with all my heart I thank you for it, and I thank God for you—each and every one of you."

"Every morning when I brush my teeth and look at the guy in the mirror, I see someone who was radicalized by gratitude. For which, I must say, I am radically grateful.”

No comments:

Post a Comment