Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Hero

Andrew Carnegie must have realized how important it is to recognize people for doing good. In 1904 he started the Carnegie Hero Fund with his own money to recognize "individuals in the United States or Canada who risk death or serious physical injury to an extraordinary degree saving or attempting to save the lives of others."

Nick Bostic, 25-year-old pizza delivery guy, repeatedly ran into a burning house in 2022 to rescue five who were sleeping in the house. Read the details here

photo

In a way, his own life was saved in the process. Nick had attempted suicide three times in his life, but he now has plans and hope for his future. He says everything has changed: "It really opened some doors and dreams of mine that now I can actually pursue and I see the light on the other side that I see is obtainable." 

“It’s in my blood to defend and protect and it’s kind of my job in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment