Thursday, May 12, 2022

Inflation fun

Inflation is painful, a particular blow to people who are already barely making ends meet. April's rate of inflation was 8.3%, continuing a 40-year highAt some point people get upset. 

They were upset at inflation back in 1979 too, but the government gave huge bail-out money to the Chrysler corporation because its chairman, Lee Iocacca, went to Congress and asked for it. (Congress should have let the company pay the price for its own mistakes. It's not fair that taxpayers have to pay the price.)

Arlo Guthrie sang a witty, sarcastic song about it.


I am changing my name to Chrysler. I am going down to Washington D.C.

I will tell some power broker what they did for Iacocca will be perfectly acceptable to me.

I am changing my name to Chrysler. I’m heading for that great receiving line.

So when they hand a million grand out I’ll be standing with my hand out.

Yessir, I’ll get mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment