Friday, March 27, 2020

His own words 2

The Iranian refugee story:

"I was nine years old when I decided that I hated God. I hated him because I believed he hated me first."

A soldier called David up in front of a school assembly during the 1979 Iranian Revolution. He quoted from the Quran and said he was going to kill the boy to send a message to supporters of the old regime. The school principal stopped it.

After rushing home, his father told him they were going to flee Iran. They left everything they loved - all because of religion gone wrong, in his view. They made it to Germany, where his mother got a quirky idea.

She suggested that they pray to the "God of America, Jesus" that they would get into the U.S. and they wound up making their home in Texas. At first bullied in school, David became friends with genuine Christians. One of the Bible's stories came alive to him when he read it, and he "trusted Jesus."


Read his whole story including his family's reaction here. This is David Nasser, Senior Vice President for Spiritual Development at Liberty University.

No comments:

Post a Comment