Monday, August 19, 2019

His stem cells

At the age of 65, Dave Kurtz developed scleroderma (an autoimmune disease). With transplants, he was told he could live five years more. That wasn't good enough for him so he investigated what else he could do.

What he found was a doctor in Chicago who would do an adult stem cell transplant for him in 2017. It was successful . . and the adult stem cells used were his very own cells.


This strong, athletic man was in seven ironman competitions.


He says that he is "in the process of figuring out what I want to do with my life going forward . . . Right now the [goal] that is keeping me busy is learning more about sailing, buying a bluewater sailboat, and sailing it across the Atlantic. I’ll work on others in the future, now that I have a future!”


No comments:

Post a Comment