Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Arrested pastor

(cont'd from yesterday's post)

Pastor Wang Yi knew that the government would never allow him to go on speaking against their aim to bring speech and thought under their control. "Freedom of speech," "Freedom of conscience" are not permitted. Pres. Xi's government will decide what's permitted.

Read his letter here. Some highlights:

"As a pastor of a Christian church, I have my own understanding and views, based on the Bible, about what righteous order and good government is. At the same time, I am filled with anger and disgust at the persecution of the church by this Communist regime, at the wickedness of their depriving people of the freedoms of religion and of conscience."

"I hope God uses me, by means of first losing my personal freedom, to tell those who have deprived me of my personal freedom that there is an authority higher than their authority"


No comments:

Post a Comment