Friday, April 14, 2017

Victim

A week ago, Michael Nabil Ragheb was a father and a deacon in one of those Egyptian churches that was bombed last Sunday. This week, his 3-year-old daughter and his wife Sara are alone because he was murdered in the attack.

Sara says that Michael had a sense of impending danger, so he asked his family to sit apart from him in the service. “He asked me to wait for him after the service. But he never came back.”


In the middle of the mass, there was a huge explosion, smoke, people screaming. Sara screamed his name and ran to find him.

"What I saw on my way to him was horrible, like a massacre had just taken place. The bodies of dead church members and even body parts were scattered among pools of blood. Then I saw my husband. I was in shock. He was just lying there, in a pool of blood like the others. Gone to heaven like he had sensed would happen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment