Friday, September 11, 2015

911

I remember September 11, 2001 ~


Here's the gist of a conversation I had with my niece Bethany and our friend Adam 3 weeks ago in NY when it was time to either go to the 911 memorial or eliminate it from our trip:

Me - I'm indifferent about visiting Ground Zero, but I don't know why, since it's so important.
Adam - It just mechanically lists the data & events with grief for the deaths.
Me - Maybe they're trying not to be political.
Bethany - There's nothing about 911 that isn't political!!
Me - That's it! That's the reason - I get the impression that the memorial is only data, no meaning.

Since I still have not been there, I wonder - are no value statements are made at the memorial? It will be a priority next time for me, but if you have been there and have an opinion, I welcome it.

Go here for the stories of four men who survived being on high floors in the two towers.

No comments:

Post a Comment