Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Risk taker

"I got my master’s in education and swore that I would never marry a musician or do music for a living." She spoke as the daughter of a music producer. But Ellie Holcomb did enter the music industry, and she won the Dove Award last year.



She sang with and wrote songs for her husband Drew's group, The Neighbors, until both he and her dad told her to start writing for herself.

“I didn’t want to do it! It made me want to throw up. I thought, ‘No one is going to back this; no one knows my music; this is a terrible idea!’ Yet, I was writing songs out of God’s word, and his word was changing me, and that’s when I thought it might be worth taking a risk.”

"I had to learn to be vulnerable and really broken in front of our band, in front of my husband, and it absolutely changed my faith, it changed everything."

No comments:

Post a Comment