Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Legendary

Athletes we admire for both their personal and professional lives might be uncommon, but we have an example like that this month in San Francisco Giants pitcher Madison Bumgarner, North Carolina native and humble guy.

Read about his phenomenal - legendary - performance in this Sports Illustrated article and be sure to watch the video.  They awarded him the 2014 Sportsman of the Year for being, in the author's words, "the greatest pitcher in World Series history."
photo: indystar.com

At the age of 16 he was asked about his goals:

"My short-term goal as a person is to witness an activity of Jesus in my life, and my long-term goal is for people when they look at me to see something in me about Jesus. My short-term goal as a player is to win the state championship. My long-term goal is to be a Hall of Famer."

No comments:

Post a Comment